Online Permits and Licenses 

South Hadley uses online permit and license tracking via Viewpermit. It's an online based system that allows the public to apply and track the permitting and licensing process from start to finish.
First-time users must create an account in ViewPermit. You may then apply for (or renew) a permit or license, and pay using a debit or credit card (2.2% + 30¢ fee) or Paypal account (2.9% + 30¢ fee). You may also print your application and mail payment. You will receive email updates of the progress of your application. In many cases, your permit or license will be emailed to you once approved. Tag sale permits can be printed immediately from your home.    
The town is working hard to make all permits and licenses available through the ViewPermit system. Below is the list of what is currently available.  

Click below to log into ViewPermit

Tag Sales

  • Tag Sale License

Dog Licenses

  • Dog License

Inspection Certificates

  • 110 Certificate of Inspection
  • 304 Certificate of Inspection

One-Day Beer/Wine

  • 1 Day Beer and Wine
  • 1 Day All Alcohol
  • 1 Day Beer and Wine - Multi Date
  • 1 Day All Alcohol - Multi Date

Business Certificates

  • New/Renewal Business Certificate
  • Withdraw Business/Name

Annual Licenses

  • Common Victualer 

Public Health Permits

  • Food and Milk License
  • Disposal Works Installer
  • Lodging House
  • Bed and Breakfast
  • Funeral Director
  • Hauler's License

Building Permits

  • Alarm System
  • Cell Tower or Antenna Installation
  • Change of Use
  • Chimney or Fireplace
  • Deck or Porch
  • Demo Accessory Structure < 500 sq ft
  • Demo Inground Pool
  • Demolition
  • Fence (over 6 ft)
  • Insulation/Weatherization
  • Pool (Above ground with deck)
  • Pool (Above ground)
  • Pool (Inground)
  • Re-roofing
  • Replacement Windows/Doors
  • Siding
  • Siding and Replacement Windows/Doors
  • Signs
  • Solid Fuel Burning Appliances (Wood, Pellet Stoves, etc)
  • Tent/Temporary Structure

Electrical Permits

  • Above Ground Swimming Pool or Hot Tub
  • Additions and Remodels with Service Change
  • Additions and Remodels without Service Change
  • Alarm System
  • Appliance Outlet
  • Commercial
  • Commercial Low Voltage
  • Generator
  • Inground Swimming Pool
  • Low Voltage System
  • Multi-Family
  • New Home or Condo
  • Service Change
  • Solar/Wind Installation
  • Temporary Service

Plumbing Permits

Only a licensed contractor can be issued a plumbing permit
  • Gas Hot Water Heater (no charge)
  • Minor 1 Inspection
  • New/Addition/Alteration

Gas Permits

Only a licensed contractor can be issued a gas permit.
  • Gas Hot Water Heater
  • Minor 1 Inspection
  • New/Addition/Alteration

Not all forms, permits and licenses are available via ViewPermit. Click here to access PDF versions of those forms, permits and licenses not yet available.